Holmes One piece spring P728
ALL SPRINGS MUST SHIP UPS GROUND DUE TO WEIGHT.
- Holmes P728 one piece garage door spring.
- This is a single one piece spring.
- There are normally 2 P728 springs on a heavier 2 car 16-foot or larger aluminum one piece garage doors one on each side.
- There are normally 4 P728 springs on a heavier 2 car 16-foot or larger wood one piece garage doors one on each side.
- Holmes P728 springs will have an orange sticker and P728 stamped on end of the spring.
- Length Over Coils: 28"
- Outside Diameter: 1 5/16"
- Type of Ends: PLUG
- Wire Diameter & Guage: (.177) #7
- Initial Tension: 110 - 120
- Maximum Allowable Stretch: 18.5"
Holmes P728C Garage Door Spring
Posted by LADDIE V. KOSMAL on 12th Jun 2016
When our house was built in 1968, 4 Holmes P728C Garage Door Springs were installed, 2 on each side. The greatest improvement was the safety feature which kept them from separating when they broke. The springs are very durable. Only the broken springs were replaced. Since vehicles are not kept in the garage, the heavy door became difficult to open recently. Replacing all four springs at the same time solved that problem.