Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft operator
The liftmaster 8500 jackshaft operator is an exclusive wall-mount design offers a cleaner appearance, freeing the garage ceiling of hanging operator, rails, chains or belts - and opening up additional storage and space. Perfect for homes with rooms above the garage - this ultra-quiet wall mount eliminates direct transfer of sound and vibration through the ceiling. Design allows for installation in garages with cathedral or obstructed ceilings. Equipped with MyQ® technology that lets you monitor and control your garage door and house lights remotely by using a computer or smartphone. The Remote Light lets you light your garage your way, wherever it's needed. (Additional Remote Lights available, model 380LM)
The Power Lock deadbolt ensures the door can't be forced open.
Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings; for sectional doors only, up to 14 ft. high or 180 sq. ft. Ultra-quiet 24VDC motor performance. Auto force and electronic limits mean the garage door opener adapts to weather and changing environmental conditions. Battery Backup capable enables the user to get in the garage every time, even when the power is out (requires a separate battery, model 475LM)
Meets all UL325 requirements. Includes The Smart Garage Door Opener® - lets you electronically program additional remotes or a keyless entry from the MyQ® Control Panel® or the powerhead. Quick-Connect™ terminals for faster wire installation 200 watts of light with adjustable light time delay; remote light can be positioned on the ceiling anywhere in the garage. 6-foot power cord makes connecting to a power source easier than ever; ideal for vaulted ceilings.
MyQ® Control Panel (888LM)
3-Button Elite® MAX Remote Control (895MAX)
Remote Light (380LM)
Battery Backup (475LM)
Alternate Mounting Kit (480LM)
Alternate Power Source (580LM)
Includes The Protector System® - projects an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while door is going down. Equipped with Power Lock - once the garage door goes down, it's securely locked with the power lock, which is similar to a deadbolt and ensures the door cannot be forced open. Manual release handle in case of power failure.
- Lifetime motor warranty
- 5-year parts warranty
- 1-year Battery Backup warranty (475LM)
- To reduce the risk of injury to persons - When the LiftMaster® Internet Gateway is used with garage door openers, the operator must be installed with sectional doors.
Liftmaster 8500 is designed for:
- Doors that use a torsion bar and springs. The torsion bar must be 1 inch (2.5 cm) diameter.
- 4-6 inch (10-15 cm) drums, not to be used on tapered drums over 6 inches (15 cm).
- High lift (up to 54 inches (137.2 cm) high) and standard lift sectional doors up to 14 feet (4.2 m) high.
- Doors up to 18 feet (5.4 m) wide.
- Doors up to 180 sq. ft. (16.7 sq. m).
- Review or inspect proposed installation area. The garage door opener can be installed on the left or right side of door. Select the side that meets the requirements listed below.
- Must have minimum of 2-1/2 inches (6.4 cm) between the garage wall and the center of the torsion bar.
- Must have minimum of 3 inches (7.6 cm) between the ceiling and the center of torsion bar.
- Must have minimum of 8 inches (20.3 cm) between the side garage wall (or obstruction) and the end of torsion bar.
- The torsion bar must extend at least 1-5 inches (2.5-12 cm) past the bearing plate. This may vary depending on your installation requirements.
- An electric outlet is required within 6 feet (1.8 m) of the installation area. If outlet does not exist, contact a qualified electrician.
- Depending upon garage construction, extension brackets or wood blocks may be needed to install safety reversing sensors.
- Alternate floor mounting of the safety reversing sensors will require hardware (not provided).
- Any gap between the floor and the bottom of the door must not exceed 1/4 inch (6 mm), otherwise the safety reversal system may not work properly.
- A model 475LM Battery Backup is strongly recommended if there is no access door to the garage, as this garage door opener cannot be used in conjunction with an external emergency release mechanism.
Customers also viewed