Linear MGT Gate Safety Edge Transmitter
- The MGT is for adding fully supervised obstacle sensing for motorized gates, doors or barrier arms in any Linear access control system. It mounts directly on the gate, door, or barrier and wires to a standard exterior safetyedge sensor (for full featured compatibility, a Miller gate edge sensor with an optional .001 UF capacitor is recommended). If an object is hit during the gate closing, the sensor will present a closed circuit across the connecting wires and the MGT will transmit a message to the access controller to reverse the movement of the gate. Compatible with AM/II, AM-3, AE-1, AE-2, AE-500, AE-1000, AE-2000, and AP-4 commercial telephone entry and access controllers. Also compatible with RE-1 and RE-2 residential telephone entry systems.
- The MGT is the industry's only fully supervised gate safety edge transmitter. It automatically sends an hourly status report to the access controller, indicating battery condition and if the transmitter is operational. Should the edge sensor be disconnected, shorted, or tampered with, the MGT will report a trouble condition. The access controller indicates the trouble condition by flashing its OBSTACLE light; the system?s LCD display identifies the problem and a printer can log the event. The trouble condition can be easily cleared by pressing # and 1 on the controller keypad.
- The MGT transmitter is supplied in a weather-resistant, fiberglass box. Its circuit board is coated to prevent moisture damage. The enclosure mounts to the gate, door, or barrier arm through sealed interior mounting screws.
Features and Specifications
- Safety edge transmitter.
- Activates one MegaCode receiver for stop or reverse safety edge.
- No cables or coiled wires.
- Mounting hardware (4 screws) supplied.
- Power: two 3V DL-2450 lithium batteries (supplied).
- Battery Life: up to five years.
- Frequency: 318 MHz.
- Codes: 1,000,000+ (factory precoded).
- Dimensions: 4 x 4.28 x 2.2 inches.
Customers also viewed